Friday, July 6, 2007

GOLF!

It has always astounded me how popular golf is. I could never work out if it's meant to be a sport, a hobby, a pastime, an excuse, a wank or what!
Almost every aspect of it irritates me - the gear, the expense, the fake exclusivety, the frank snobbery, the time consumption, the fact it is on television. The fact that it is often a major item on the News for gods sake!
I thought I was alone in this world.
I am aware that it was that great American, Mark Twain, who said 'Golf is a good walk spoiled'.
Now another American has driven a great stake through the ugly heart of that most monstrous and perverted of human occupations - golf!
I would recommend that anyone with even a hint of antipathy to those who like to stroke small white balls with a stick view the blog of my fellow blogger, Mr. Dirtbagger on my 'Friends Blogs' link to the right.
He gives these poseurs in baggy pants a little something to think about AND THEN SOME MORE.

GO GET THOSE STROKERS!

No comments: